Friday, June 6, 2008

So Original!

If you have never meet me before then I guess you just randomly stumbled upon my blog or you are friends with someone I know and thus found me through some strange series of events that not leaves you standing on my cyber front door.  I decided to start a blog because I saw my friend Chase had one and thought it was really funny.  I can't really compete with his humor or any of my other friends but I can just talk or ramble or ponder things while you just sit there before a glowing screen and wonder what the h e double hockey sticks I am talking about.

Someone brought up an interesting point to me the other day.  They recognized the drastic transformation that is undertaken in the life of the average freshman between the time school starts and Christmas.  Well, since I am a sophomore now i hope to see this transformation more directly.  As a freshman I knew I changed, I mean who doesn't.  I entered a new place with unfamiliar people and had to discover a little more of who I was and well even more who I did not want to be.  And so, I changed a lot.  I grew to be more relax yet I still retained my sense of drive and ambition.  I felt like I dressed pretty well before I came but whose wardrobe does not need improvement.  And became an individual.  That was probably the most difficult change.  Everyone wants to be accepted for who they are and so sometimes people act and dress like other people because that is who they think they are.  I found a lot of that this year.  Others don't care at all and people love them or hate them yet they still are comfortable, happy, successful, and just content,  Others freak out, don't know what to do and just stick to themselves.  And some, like myself, care about what they look like not because they care about what others think, but care so much about there own opinion and how they feel that others opinions are just recommendations and are thought about but not acted upon.  

That might sound terrible but to be honest it was a terrible change that I went through and it took a break up and some serious inner battles to get me where I am now.  Still struggling but getting better.  I think it is so hard because you are around people all the time and you never get the chance to develop yourself in a healthy way unless you discipline and manage your time right.  I am sorry if what I am saying is confusing but I guess that is what you get when you write a blog.  And so that is why I titled this blog, blind without my glasses.  Often we have to go through an experience and then look back at it to understand how we must best manage our lives in the future, kinda like finally putting your glasses on after searching around when you first wake up in the morning.

Also, i just wanted to clarify that there are more categories then the ones that i mentioned but those are the ones that i experienced the most. 

2 comments:

Chase Misenheimer said...

I hate to point this out, but your url makes no sense. So you're blind without my glasses? You'd still be blind with my glasses. Haha. Oh well.

Mary Dixon said...

:) i think your the cool beans gabe.